Introductory Level Content
Intro to Tokenomics
- Basics of tokenomics and overview of the key variables: supply, burning, monetary policy, token distribution and earnings
- Exploring supply and demand drivers for tokens, with a high level overivew on token distribution for UNI
- Tokenomics breakdown through the lens of supply + demand as opposed to the underlying driveres (e.g. burning, monetary policy, etc.), with a high-level analysis on Convex Finance
- Deep dive into all things supply. Great write up with plenty of examples.
Spending vs Holding, Cash flows, Governance, Collateral
- Brief explainer on how to decipher "true" market caps/valuations by analyzing tokenomics + unlocks.
Protocol Tokenomics Overviews
Analysis/articles covering initial tokenomics, governing principles and associated tradeoffs made when designing incentives compared to other protocols
- Near Protocol
- Harmony One
- Ethereum Tokenomics 2021: Impact of Eth2, EIP 1559 and L2 Scaling Solutions on Demand/Supply
- Slightly outdated, but helpful illustration of how infrastructure changes impact supply/demand dynamics for ETH (or other asset)
- Ethereum ecosystem diagrams
- Nice collection of diagrams from different parts of the Ethereum ecosystem.
- “Liquidity Targeting”: Toward More Efficient Liquidity Mining Programs
- Proposal for a basic quantitative framework to analyze necessity and effectiveness of Liquidity Mining Programs. The approach outlined in the proposal - "Liquidity Targeting" - finds an optimal level for a given protocol and from there, backs out a Liquidity Mining rewards schedule
- Stop Burning Tokens – Buyback And Make Instead
- Introduces concept and associated benefits of a "buyback and make" token model instead of the typical buyback and burn approach that's used widely today
- The Original Sin
- Target token distribution for insiders + investors
- Paper on evaluating Crypto Tokens
- Decision tree on page 13 gives a great overview of token types and how to classify them,
- Token Distribution
- Overview on token distributions of past projects.
- A Hitchiker's Guide to Token Engineering
- Economics of Play to Earn Games
- Great detailed breakdown of how various games apply tokenomics
- Token Ecosystem Creation
- Super detailed runthrough of all things token creation from the perspective of a VC firm.
Modelling and Simulation
- CadCad - computer aided design
- Intro to systems thinking, modelling and CadCad
- TEC created an example simulator